- The images supplied in this database are low resolution jpg files not intended for reproduction purposes.
- Unless otherwise noted, images contained in this database belong to the City of Portsmouth, Portsmouth Public Library and the original items reside in the Special Collection of the Library.
- All images may be printed or copied for research and personal reference purposes only.
- If images are intended to be reproduced for publication, please contact the library in writing to obtain permission for your use. The library reserves the right to deny a request.
- If the intended use is approved, the Library will supply a high quality Tif file created for reproduction use.
- Fees may apply if real costs are incurred by the Library in the creation or delivery of images. The Library charges no fees to supply an existing image. There are no fees for usage.
- Credit Line to appear with all shared images: Photo Courtesy of Portsmouth Public Library, Portsmouth, NH. http://portsmouthexhibits.org
The Portsmouth Public library holds the rights of material in its digital collections unless otherwise indicated in each record. The library will share any rights information in its possession, but makes no warranties regarding this information. Please contact the library if you have any information regarding the rights holders to images in this collection so that accurate information can be provided. If you are a rights holder who does not wish an image to be displayed in the collection, please provide a written request to remove the image as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
See "Copyright Policy", below, for more details about our copyright policy and how to contact the library about copyright concerns.
If an item has a watermark it is up to the user of the item to get permission from the donor or contributing organization to use the item. Contact information can be obtained by contacting the library.
If you wish to share an item from the database, please cite the source.
Please credit the use of any image as: Image Courtesy Portsmouth Public Library, Portsmouth, NH. http://portsmouthexhibits.com.
Copyright PolicyPPL does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its Website, and PPL will remove content if properly notified that such infringes on another's intellectual property rights. PPL reserves the right to remove content without prior notice.
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Materials or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may notify us by providing the following information in writing:
(1) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
(2) Identification of the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists, for example the URL of the website where it is posted or the name of the book in which it has been published;
(3) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and a description of the infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
(4) Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an email address;
(5) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(6) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.